Saturday, June 24, 2017

New Felt Board Pieces

Before our Summer Classes began, I did find some time to create more felt board stories. :) I am quite proud of them...

For this I did decided with the help of a facebook poll.. to not use the colored "egg white" and to keep all my eggs matching. :)


I already have a nice bathtub with another felt board set, so I created Tiny Tim and soap! This is used with the song: I have a little turtle, his name is Tiny Tim. I put him in the bath tub to see if he could swim.. He drank up all the water and ate up all the soap,. And now he's home with bubbles in his throat! Bubble Bubble Pop!!  (This can be found on internet along with other variations, we just like this one.)


The famous hotdogs in the pan story..


This is Sammy the Seal.. From the original one I saw, I added the gray ball.. Along with that ball... I added this verse from the original story that I found on the internet. 

Here's the story I found: 

Sammy the Seal Counts to 11
By Kathryn Roach (Tweaked by Sherry Clarke)

Sammy the seal is oh so smart!
He can count these color balls.  Ready, steady….start!

The 1st ball is yellow; Sammy, keep going don’t stop.
Purple is the second ball to sit on top!

Sammy can balance a ball on these 2.
Here’s ball number 3. It’s bright blue!

The green ball has a number 4.
Keep counting Sammy, balance some more!

The number 5 ball is orange. Now don’t look down!
Sammy, can balance ball number 6. It is brown.

Pink is number 7 and then comes 8.
It is black…Sammy, you’re doing great!

The red ball has the number 9.
The white ball is 10! Wow that’s just fine!

Number 11 is the ball of gray.
Wow, Sammy, just what do we say?

Now Sammy has counted all the color balls.
He has them balanced and they won’t fall!

Sammy the seal is ready to rest.
Hooray, for Sammy! He’s the best!


I am going to use these with some Spanish Feeling Songs. The tune will be to: "If You're Happy and You Know It" For example.. for the happy crying one it will say...

If you're triste and you know it, you are sad.  (Pretend to cry)
If you're triste and you know it, you are sad.
If you're triste and you know it, then your face will surely show it.
If you're triste and you know it, you are sad.

For the happy face one:

If you;re contento and you know it, you are happy!  (Hooooo-ray!)
If you're contento and you know it, you are happy!
If you're contento and you know it, then your face will surely show it.
If you're contento and you know it, you are happy!

Working through all of the emotions!! Of course, they can be used in English too! Just want to teach my little ones something with a visual.

Many Blessings to each of you!!
Sherry :)

No comments:

Post a Comment